LG G5 is the latest smartphone introduced by LG electronics, this great smartphone filled with some extraordinary features and better performance. It is bundled with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and a very short time after introducing LG G5 it started receiving the upgrade version of Android 6.0.1. Here is the good news for those geeks who want to root their Lg G5 which is running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Here I will show you how to Root LG G5 on Android 6.0.1 via SuperSU v2.71. So stay with Androidfunz.com and root LG G5 on Android 6.0.1.
Some days ago we published a post How to Root LG G5 without a computer which is a very success for those geeks who want to root their G5 without a computer and now we are back with another rooting method of LG G5. In this method, we will use the latest SuperSU v2.7.1 with the detailed installation step by step guide. One thing to b noted that before rooting your device your LG G5 must have installed latest TERP 3.0.2 recovery to flash the firmware.
Benefits of Rooting
When you have a great smartphone like LG G5 then, for the full enjoyment of your device you must need to root your device. Because when a smartphone introduced it came with so many limitations by the company. A user can’t use his smartphone with full power having factory restrictions. With these restrictions, a user can’t enjoy their smartphone fully. In this situation, root access opens a new world for a user. An owner can do so many tweaks with their smartphone. Here are some important benefits of rooting given below.
- Rooting gives freedom to your smartphone from the restrictions held by the manufacturer. It removes all the internal restrictions of the software and all its subsystems. After rooting a user can change many things via the third party way.
- We can enjoy many third party apps after rooting. There are a lot of useful apps which we need to use but can’t install without rooting. Root access allows installing all the third party apps from any platform.
- A user can overclock the CPU of the smartphone after having root access on the smartphone.
- For the beauty of a smartphone, we can install custom ROMs. After getting root access we can install custom recovery and can enjoy a lot of custom ROMs to make our Android smarter and beautiful.
These are some benefits of rooting that’s why many of geeks like an Android over an iOS device. An iOS device is much restricted and never allows that type of changes. We can enjoy much fun having an Android. Enough talk friends and now we are moving to the real topic how to root LG G5 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Before starting the process carefully read the Disclaimer and Necessary instructions then proceed. Do all the process according to the sayings.
Mind it Rooting is an unofficial process with many benefits but remember, it has some bad issues too. Here are some negative issues which we can face after rooting.
- If you are going to root your phone then you should know that the warranty of your phone will void after rooting, in this situation you can’t complain any issue to the warranty provider.
- This guide is applicable only on LG G5 having model H50 (EU Variant) running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Do not try this on any other variant or device.
- Do all this according to the sayings, this is recommended only for geeks which have some knowledge about rooting.
- This is a sensitive process, any wrong step can harm your device. If something went wrong with your device after or during the process Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of damage to your LG G5.
Must do before proceeding
- It is highly recommended that backup all the important data of your device before rooting. Most of the LG devices have suffered from boot loop issues after the final restart. In this situation we need to hard reset our device and hard reset will erase all of your device data. So first save your data then root.
- Charge your smartphone fully because if your phone get off during the process it can b dead.
- The bootloader of your LG G5 (H50) should b unlocked.
- Your LG G5 must have installed latest TwRP 3.0.2 recovery to flash the firmware.
- Need a PC and well working Android data cable.
- Download and install LG USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your device, for this go to Setting>> Developer option and check OEM unlock and USB debugging. If Developer option is not found just go toSetting>> About Phone>> and there tap seven times on Build Number, this will appear Developer option, tap it and turn on USB debugging from the next screen.
- A well speed internet connection required.
Let’s start the process ♣
Required Root File Super SU v2.7.1
Root LG G5 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow- Steps
First, on your PC download Super SU v2.7.1 and save this folder on the desktop of your PC for further easy access.
Now connect your LG G5 with PC via USB data cable and copy the Super SU to the internal storage of your LG G5. Remember the place where you copy.
Turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode, for this press and hold volume down and power buttons together for few seconds until LG logo appears on the screen of mobile, release the buttons for a second and holds them back again. Now the recovery menu will appear. Now you are in the recovery menu.
From there find the Super SU file (BETA Super SU v2.7.1-20160331103524.zip)which we have downloaded in Step 1 and install this file. Swipe to confirm the installing process. The flashing process will take some time.
Now go back to the main recovery menu and select Reboot System to restart your device. The first restart will take some time.
If hangs on LG Logo
If your LG G5 hangs on LG logo after the final restart then no need to worry. For this you ned to hard Reset your device. This will erase all of your device data but can resolve boot loop issue. Here is the process how to hard reset your LG G5.
- Switch off your G5.
- Hold down both the Volume Down and Power button together for few seconds until the LG logo appears, now let go of the Power key only from both pressing keys, after a second one again press Power key. You will see Factory data reset menu on the screen of LG G5.
- Perform Factory data Reset using volume keys to navigate and power button to confirm. After restarting automatically your boot loop issue will resolve.
That’s it, friends. You have done all the process successfully. Now you can do much much more with your LG G5. Enjoy your Android fully without having any bahcesehirkonut.com restrictions by the manufacturer. Now that’s the end of how to root LG G5 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If anyone has any issue during or after the process let us tell in comments.