Samsung Releases the new J series for their users. These series have the best smartphones. Samsung gives the opportunity to the users to purchase mid-range SmartPhones. Today I will tell you how to officially Update Galaxy J5 on 5.1.1 Lollipop official. This is an official Lollipop firmware for the Samsung Galaxy J5 users. Those who still not received the OTA update, Now from that post they will able to update their Galaxy J5 SM-J500G on official 5.1.1 Lollipop with a so easy method.
For updating the smartphone we Samsung Kies with Odin. Kies is new official firmware file for Samsung Smartphone by which we can easily update our Smartphone. Just follow the method below for easily updating the Samsung Galaxy J5. Keep in mind that this is the official firmware and this will not void your phone’s warranty.
Necessary Instructions before Proceeding
- This process is only for Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500G, do not try this on any other model.
- Backup all the important data from your device because if something went wrong you may lose your precious data.
- Enable USB Debudding mode of your device. This will be done by doing to Setting >> Developer Option >> USB Debugging and enable it. If not found then go to Setting >> Developer Option and tap seven times on build number. It will show developer option.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers in your PC.
- Charge your phone up to 60% to avoid the power issue.
This updating method is only for Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500G. Check the model before starting the process. Do all the process at your own risk because this is for advanced users, if you do not know the whole process then do not try this. If something went wrong then Androidfunz will not responsible for any kind of loss or breakage.
How to Update Galaxy J5 on 5.1.1 Lollipop
- First of all download Samsung Kies Utility file from the above link in your PC and get .tar.md5 file.
- Download Odin v3.09 from the above file and extract the zip file.
- Now run Odin v3.09.exe file as an administrator.
- Now for going into download mode. Turn off your phone and restart it by pressing Home + Power + Volume Down button at the same time for some seconds.
- A Warning Screen will appear, now press Volume Up button to proceed to Download mode.
- Now connect your phone to the PC with the help of data cable.
- ID: COM box will turn blue, this means that your device is properly connected to the PC.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F.reset Time options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on AP button and select the .tar.md5 file which you gets in the first step.
- Now Click on the Start button to begin the installation process.
- Wait for some time to complete the process.
- If the process is complete then Odin will show you the Pass message on the screen.
- Your phone will automatically reboot after completion the process.
So, all the process have done by your side. Now unplug your phone with the PC and enjoy the Official Lollipop Firmware on your Galaxy J5 SM-J500G.