Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is the latest Android device of Samsung Electronics having special specs and features. It is also the luckiest device of Samsung which got the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update by Samsung with an official way. Here I will show you how to Install Official 6.0 Marshmallow Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Recently Samsung released a list of the devices which will get the Marshmallow update first, and in that list, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is on the top. Before announced officially Note 5 has received an early Marshmallow build, which is the first Marshmallow build for any of Samsung device. Although there is still a time for announcing and providing Android Marshmallow officially via OTA by the company but here all the Note 5 users can get Android Marshmallow on their devices. We will use Odin which is an official tool of Samsung for flashing the firmware. In this way, it is bit easy to flash firmware files of Android Marshmallow based on TouchWiz.
This marshmallow update came with a ton of new features, improved performance, power improvement and creamy feelings. Some new things are added like user can change background theme, app permission, a new feature introduced name Doze useful for power saving, fingerprint support for apps, mobile payments platform, app link and supports USB Type-c. Marshmallow is the last and latest version of Android Lollipop so the Lollipop developers tried their best to provide any of the things which a user want. So let’s move to the real topic and update our Galaxy note 5.
Necessary things before proceeding
- This process is only for Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920 T-Mobile, do not try this on any other variant or mobile phone.
- Backup all the important data of your device because if something wrong happens you may lose your precious data.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. This will be done by going to Setting >> Developer option >> USB Debugging and enable it. If not, found then go to Setting>>Developer option and tap seven times on build number. It will show developer option.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Charge your smartphone fully to avoid the power issues of the device.
THIS UPDATING METHOD IS ON APPLICABLE ON T-MOBILE GALAXY NOTE5 SM-N920T, DO NOT TRY THIS ON ANY OF OTHER MODEL OR SMARTPHONE, DO ALL THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ANDROIDFUNZ.COM WILL NOT B HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE OR BRICKING OF YOUR SMARTPHONE. IF YOUR NOTE 5 IS ROOTED IT WILL FINISH YOUR ROOT ACCESS.
Steps to Install Android Marshmallow on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T
- First of all download Marshmallow firmware file for Note 5 from HERE.
- After downloading unzip the files, you will get three files BL (Boot Loader), AP (System and Kernal), and CP (Modem).
Download Odin v3.10.7 from HERE
- TurnOff your device. Boot your Note 5 into download mode, for this press and hold
- Boot your Note 5 into download mode, for this press and hold Volume Down+Power+Home buttons at the same time for few seconds and release the buttons while the download mode appears.
- Now press volume up button to confirm the task.
- After going into download mode connect your Note 5 with PC via USB data cable, ID: Com box in Odin will turn blue, that’s mean your device properly connected with PC.
- Now choose BL and put the right file there, after that choose AP and put the right file and in the last choose CP and put the right file. If not understand saw the picture below
When all done now simply click on Start button. The flashing process will start, it will take some time. After completion, the installing process a PASS rusilanlar.com will show. That’s mean u have done all this successfully. Now restart your device, again it will take some time so no need to worry. After restarting the phone, you can enjoy the latest version of Android OS.
If you get Stuck in Bootloop: Your may get stuck in boot loop animation. For resolving this boot into the recovery mode by pressing and holding home+power+volume up button. Now perform wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition and then reboot. This will resolve your issue.
In case of any problem let us tell in comments menu, pleasure to guide you