LG has announced latest Android OS for some of its newest devices officially like LG G4 and LG G3 but not for LG G2. Most of LG G2 users want to enjoy Android Marshmallow experience. G2 is a little old device of LG and we don’t know when this device will receive Android Marshmallow update via OTA. Here is a solution for those who want to enjoy Marshmallow OS on their LG G2 model number D802. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update is now available for LG G2 D802. It is not an official update but it is available via custom ROM MoKee based on Google AOSP build. This is a new ROM but stable and have
MoKee is a new ROM for Android devices based on CyanogenMOD ROM. It is pretty stable and has a lot of tweaks, animation and full of customization. This ROM is very near to stock feeling which is a great show by MoKee. Here are some features of this custom ROM
- Feelings like Stock firmware
- Pretty good battery life performance
- Improved App drawer
- CM based ROM
- Provide some extra features like show su icon, speed meter, show headset icon stains in clock
- Root access and advance root options
- Improved cut/copy/paste options
- Smooth and creamy performance
- Have colorful themes to make your device good looking
- Better shortcut menu with the lock screen, notifications, and more shortcuts.
So move to the real topic and be ready for the halkalı escort bahçeşehir escort beylikdüzü escort real topic how to update LG G2 D802 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Here is a complete guide for installing this Marshmallow based ROM.
This is a sensitive process only for advanced users, This updating guide is only for LG G2 D802. Do not try this on any other variant or Android device. Do all this at your own risk andAndroidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
Device requirements for installing the ROM
- Install a Custom recovery CWM or TWRP on your LG G2 D802 before starting the process because without a custom recovery flashing a third party ROM is impossible.
- Your LG G2 must b unlocked
- Backup all the important data of your device before starting the process because it is a data loss process.
- Charge your phone fully to avoid the power issues during the process
- Install LG G2 USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your LG G2. (Go to mobile Setting>>Developer option>>USB debugging and enable it. If there is no developer option then Go to mobile Setting>>About Phone>>tap build number seven time, this will show developer option, now enable USB debugging.
Steps to update LG G2 D802 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM MoKee
Process for having CWM recovery devices
On PC Download latest MoKee ROM for LG G2 D802 G2 from HERE. Carefully select the right file (Intl)(d802)
Download latest Marshmallow GApps for LG G2 from HERE
Now connect your device to PC via USB data cable and move the downloaded files to the SD card of your LG G2. Do not extract these files.
Unplug USB data cable. Turn off you LG G2
Now it’s time to boot into recovery mode. For this press and hold Volume down and Power buttons, release the buttons when LG Logo appears and press them again, then press the power button three times. In recovery menu, you can use volume buttons to navigate and power key to select.
In recovery menu perform a Nandroid backup of your previous ROM because if new ROM does not properly work you can restore your previous ROM. For this select Backup and Restore, in the next screen select Backup again, after that go back to the main recovery menu for further process.
- Now perform Wipe Data/factory reset, for this select Wipe Data/Factory Reset, select YES, after that confirm this, wait some time for completion.
- Go back to the main recovery menu, now perform Wipe Cache Partition and after that perform Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Now on recovery menu select Install Zip from SD card, then choose zip from SD card (or SD card 1), select the MoKee .zip which we have downloaded earlier in step 1. After selecting press power button to confirm the task by pressing Power button. Confirm YES to begin the flashing process.
After flashing the zip file of ROM now again repeat the flashing process but in this time flash the GApps .zip the same way as in step 7.
After completing the installation go back to the main page of CWM recovery menu and simply select Reboot option and restart your LG G2. This will take some time. After the successful Reboot, your device will appear with newest Android OS 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
That’s it, friends. Now you can enjoy the latest version of Android Marshmallow. If you are not satisfied or have some issue then you can return to previous ROM, for going back to the previous version follow the instructions.
How to go back to the previous ROM
Returning to the previous version is not very difficult. for this boot into recovery menu, select Backup and Restore, select your previous ROM and flash this. Reboot your device and this will resolve your issue.