Sony Xperia V is a good Touch Screen Smartphone of Sony Xperia. Sony releases the 5.0.2 Lollipop update for Xperia V and now you can update Xperia V on 5.0.2 with the help of CyanogenMod 12 Nightly Custom Rom. This CyanogenMod has many new features and improved the performance of Xperia V. If you want to Install Android 5.0.2 CyanogenMod 12 Nightly Lollipop custom Rom on Xperia V then this is a great article and follow the instructions below to Update Xperia V on Lollipop.
If we are talking about CyanogenMod 12 Nightly Rom then we can say that this the most advanced Lollipop update for Xperia V and improved many features. The performance is very good and give the more power to RAM for good speed. The CyanogenMod is developed by a third party developer but it is not officially released by Sony. The Custom Rom is a nightly build so minor bugs might be expected. If you want to update your phone then your phone must be rooted and have installed CWM or TWRP custom recovery.
Note: This process is for advanced if you are unaware of it then don’t try this. Do the whole process carefully If something went wrong then Androidfunz will not responsible for any kind of loss.
Instructions before proceeding
- Backup all the important data from your phone bacause if something went wrong during the installation process then your data might be loss.
- Your device must be rooted and CWM or TWRP custom recovery must be installed on it.
- Charge your phone up to 80 percent to avoid the charging issue.
- Install Sony USB Driver in your PC.
How to Update Xperia V on 5.0.2 Lollipop
- From the above link download 5.0.2 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROM in your PC.
- Then download Google Apps .zip file from the above link in your PC.
- Now connect your device from the PC with the help of data cable.
- Now open the USB Memory Storage of your device and copy the 5.0.2 Lollipop CM 12 ROM to the root folder.
- After that disconnect your device to the PC
- Turn Off your phone.
- For going into Recovery Mode press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons for some seconds.
- In the Recovery Mode perform a Wipe data/ Factory reset and Wipe Cache Partition. In the advanced area of CWM there is Wipe Dalvik Cache and recommend it.
- Now go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose the option Install Zip from SD Card and choose zip from SD Card.
- Then go to the 5.0.2 Rom .zip file which you copied in the SD Card. Choose the ROM .zip file from pressing the power button and confirm to begin the installation process.
- If the installation is completed the go back to the Recovery Menu and Reboot your device. This will take some time to restart your device.
All done, now your device is updated on 5.0.2 Lollipop. Now enjoy the latest version of Sony Xperia V.