Samsung Galaxy S6 edge is most famous and popular Android phone manufactured by Samsung Electronics. The first release of this smartphone was in March 2015. Lovers of Samsung all over the world was waiting for the release of S6 Edge. The release of this device came with so many new and improved features. The shape of the phone is awesome, the screen of the mobile came with both side curves which make this mobile different to the others. The shape of the mobile phone is pretty good with Mattel body and shiny Glass on the back, both curved sides are slim, which gives nice feelings to the users. Wireless charging introduced for charging the device, the sensors installed both sides of the mobile which can use for very useful purposes like unlocking the device, for taking pictures and knowing the heartbeat of a user in a minute. Here are some specs of Galaxy S6 Edge.
Release date April 10, 2014.
Weight 129 Gram
CPU Quad-core 2.1 GHz/Quad-core 1.5 GHz
Memory 3 GB
Storage 32/64/128 GB
Battery 2600 mAh
Display 5.1 Inches Quad HD, Super AMOLED, protected with Gorilla Glass
Operating System 5.0.2
Rear camera 16 MP
Back Camera 5 MP (Best for selfies)
Officially when Galaxy S6 launched it was running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, after some months of its release S6 Edge receive its new Lollipop update of Android 5.1.1 via OTA in some regions of the world. This new update came with better performance, better graphics, good battery timing, and some improved features. If u receive OTA update Android 5.1.1 then update your S6 Edge automatically. For this go to the mobile Setting >>About Device >>Software Update. If you have any update, update it easily but u don’t have any update msg the stay with us, here is a complete guide for you how to Update Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Official firmware.
Update Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via Offical Firmware.
New android 5.1.1 lollipop came with security patches, improved stability, improved battery performance and creamy touch performance. Many users of S6 Edge started to update their devices manually on new versions of Android. The users who want to enjoy the cream of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the help of this tutorial they can experience the new firmware on their handsets. You can update your device offically. If you are interested in installing the offical Lollipop firmware update then stay with me, read the instructions and perform according to requirements.
Necessary instructions before proceeding.
- The following process is only for Galaxy S6 Edge model SM-G925F, do not use this tutorial on any other variant of S6 Edge.
- This process is for advanced users only, if you are nothing know about rooting then you can screw up your phone so do this at your own risk. Androidfunz.com will not be responsible for any kind of damage.
- Backup all the important data of device like contacts, pictures, videos, messages etc because you may lose them if something went wrong during or after the process.
- Charge your phone to maximum to avoid power issue.
- Your PC should have Samsung USB Drivers.
- The USB Data Cable of your device should be working properly.
- Disable Samsung Kies and Antivirus on your PC because it can interrupt the flashing process.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your mobile, for this go to setting >>Developer option, from there enable USB debugging, if not found developer option then go to Settings>>About device from there tap onBuild Number seven times repeatedly to enable developer options. Now go back and enter into developer options, activate the developer options and enable the USB Debugging mode.
- If u installed a Custom recovery, after updating it will replace by a stock recovery.
- Offical Lollipop update will finish Root access (If your mobile is rooted).
- Download Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS for Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F
- Download Odin v3.09
- Download Samsung USB Drivers on PC
Root Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F on XXU3COJI Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Offical Update
Download the CF-Auto-Root file package and Extract the firmware to get the tar.md5extension file.
Download Odin v3.09 and extract it too.
Now enable USB Debugging mode of your S6 Edge.
Now turn off your device and press and hold Home+Power+Volume Down buttons together to get into download mode, and then press the Volume Up button from the warning screen to confirm the task.
- Launch Odin flash tool on your computer
- Connect your Galaxy S6 Edge to the computer via USB data cable. If the ID: Com box turns blue in Odin then it means that your device is connected successfully.
- Select the AP option in Odin and choose the extracted lollipop firmware (tar.md5).
- Make sure Auto reboot and F rest time option are checked in Odin.
- Now click on the start button to start the process.
- Wait for some time, while your phone is being updated. After the completion of the process, a PASS will appear on the screen of Odin. Your device will now reboot automatically It will take 5 to 10 minutes.
Disconnect the device and wait until it restarts.
Congrats u have successfully rooted your S6 edge. If u have some problem write in the comments.
If stopped at Samsung Logo:
It is a common problem after finishing user may get stuck in boot loop animation(Samsung Logo), here is an easy solution of this problem. For resolving this issue boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding home+power+volume up button. Now perform wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition and then reboot. This will resolve your issue.