Hello, friends. Today’s our tutorial is about how to update Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CrDroid ROM. Samsung Galaxy S4 is an Android Smartphone produced and developed by world famous Samsung electronics. It was released in March 2013. It is a popular smartphone of Samsung due to its great features, hardware, performance and its nice look. As the time pass so many new phones released by Samsung but S4 has a great position and this phone still owned by large numbers of people. Now move to the software, Galaxy S4 came with 4.0.2 jellybean, after that it got 4.2.2 KitKat, and the last update was 5.0.1 Lollipop. But this is now the time of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Every mobile user in the world wants to enjoy this latest update on their devices. Marshmallow will release very soon one after one for Samsung galaxy new devices, here are the devices which are confirmed to receive Android Marshmallow update.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Duos
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Samsung Galaxy S5 NEO
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0
After seeing the list, we notice that there is no name of Galaxy S4 for receiving Android 6.0 Marshmallow, no one knows when Android M will release for Galaxy S4. There is a little disappointment for S4 users. But I want to say all users of Galaxy S4 having I9505 LTE model there is no need to worry. Now you can manually install CrDroid Custom ROM 6.0 Marshmallow 0n your Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE and after that, you can enjoy new super cool features and better performance of Android M.
CrDroid is a famous custom ROM by XDA developers. This ROM is Great increment and works smoothly on Galaxy S4, it came with a lot of custom features such as Ad Blocker, Ambient Backlight Control, Lock Apps on a recent panel, call backlight, better performance, better graphics and with great speed.
So all of the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9500 users who want to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CrDroid ROM stay with me here is a complete and easy guide how to update Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CrDroid ROM. This is a third party release, the updating process needs some basic requirements, after the completion of basic requirements you can able to install Android M on your Galaxy S4 easily. Now let’s start the process to update Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CrDroid ROM.
- This marshmallow update is only for Galaxy S4 LTE model I9505, do not try this any other variant, it may cause a serious damage over your device. Go to Setting of mobile, About Phone, it must b LTE GT I9500, confirm then proceed.
- Back all the important data of your Galaxy S4 like photos, videos, messages, contacts, apps, account passwords etc, if you do not do this you will loose all of your data because this process erases all the data of the device.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your mobile, for this go to setting >>Developer option, from there enable USB debugging, if not found developer option then go to Settings>>About device from there tap onBuild Number seven times repeatedly to enable developer options. Now go back and enter into developer options, activate the developer options and enable the USB Debugging mode.
- Your Samsung S4 should b rooted before starting the process.
- CMW or any other custom recovery should b installed on your device because installing a custom ROM always required a custom recovery.
- Charge your S4 fully to avoid the power issues during the process.
- Your Computer or Laptop should have installed Samsung USB drivers.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE
- A Computer or Laptop
- Checked Usb Data cable
- Strong Internet connection
This process is only for the users who know this process, if you are not an advanced user do not do this, because it is a risk for you if some think went wrong during the process your mobile will seriously damage or unusual. Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of damage or bricking of your phone during or after the process. Do all this process at your own risk.
Steps to update Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CrDroid ROM
Step No 1
- First DownloadCrDroid Marshmallow ROM for Galaxy S4 I9500 LTE on your PC, after downloading do not extract it.
- Now Download Google Apps on PC, after downloading do not extract it too.
Step No 2
Connect your PC to the S4 via USB data cable, move both the files to the phone’s storage (External or Internal). After that disconnect the device from PC.
Step No 3
Now turn off your device and enter into recovery mode, for this press and holdHome+Power+VolumeUP buttons at a time for few seconds, and release them when recovery menu appears.
Step No 4
(Helping Guide: In the recovery menu use volume up and down buttons for scroll up and down and can use power button for select)
- In the recovery menu scroll down with the help of volume down button, select wipe cache partition, and confirm the task.
- Now go to the advance option of the recovery, there select Wipe Dalvik cache, and confirm it.
Step No 5
Again go to main recovery menu, scroll down and select install zip from sd card, now choose zip from sd card,
Step No 6
Now find the CdDroid Marshmallow ROM from where you saved it in Step no 2, after finding this is in a zip file, select it and confirm it to begin the installation. It will take some time.
Step No 7
After completing the installation again choose zip from sd card, now find the Google Apps.zip file, select, and confirm to install. The installation will take some time again.
Step No 8
If u have successfully installed both the files then go back to the main recovery menu, now select the reboot system now option and restart your device. This will take some time so no need to worry.
If stopped at Samsung Logo:
It is a common problem after finishing user may get stuck in boot loop animation(Samsung Logo), here is an easy solution of this problem. For resolving this issue boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding home+power+volume up button. Now perform wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition and then reboot. This will resolve your issue.
Congrats you have successfully done all the process, you S4 is now on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now go to the Mobile Setting>>About Phone and verify the Android version. Now you can enjoy the cream of Android M.
If u have any problem let us know in comment menu.Thanks