Today this post belongs to the persons who have a Galaxy S1 and they are tired of using an old Android version.They always have a chance to upgrade their Galaxy S I9000 to the latest versions of Android. Here I will show you How to Update Galaxy S I9000 to 6.0 Marshmallow.
The Samsung Galaxy S is an Android based device developed by Samsung Electronics. This was the first smartphone of Samsung Galaxy S Series, released in march 2010. This was the most popular smartphone of those times. Officially it came with Android OS v2.1 (Eclair) and after that got an update of 2.3 (Gingerbread). This was the last and final OTA update of Galaxy S1 which received this smartphone via OTA by Samsung. After that Galaxy, S haven’t received any official update. At the time passed many new smartphones introduced by Samsung and it is sure that Galaxy S now haven,t chance to receive any further update by the company. Most of the Galaxy S users are disappointed now, but here is good news for the users of Galaxy S1. With the help of custom ROM, there is always a chance for the persons who have Galaxy S and want to update their smartphone to the latest versions of Android.
Android phone have open operating source system, Android mobile users always have a chance to do everything with their Android phone according to our choice, that’s why all over the world mobile users likes the Android smartphone very much. Samsung Galaxy S has a single core processor and officially it sports up to Android OS 2.3.7, but thanks to the XDAdevelopers, who modified the custom ROM for old Samsung S, with the help of this ROM we can easily update our Galaxy S to the latest version of Android M.
Update S I9000 to Android Marshmallow is only possible with the help of OmniROM, this ROM is specially designed, customized and optimized for Galaxy S based on Android M OS. This Omni custom ROM is full of smooth, stable and fast Android creamy experience. It has not only multi-tasking ability, but it offers much more like batter battery timing, smooth performance, better TouchWiz, super fast performance and gives a great user experience. This ROM supports overclock operation which helps to optimize the GalaxyS CPU frequencies which causes the better speed of device and battery improvement. All you know this is a newly developed ROM and has some bugs or some features not working like SELINUX and External Storage SD, these bugs sometimes cause boot loops. Except this everything working good using this custom ROM of Android M. These bugs can b solved very soon in the upgrade version of this OmniROM.
Installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow Omni Custom ROM for Galaxy S
Now moves to the installing process. As this Omni ROM is a custom ROM and updating on Android 6.0 Marshmallow is an unofficial way of updating. For installing the ROM, your device should have any custom recovery like CWM because installing a custom ROM always needs a custom recovery, without a custom recovery we can’t install a custom ROM. The warranty of a mobile will void after installing a custom ROM. So let’s start the process How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy S I9000.
This process of updating is only for Galaxy S model I9000, do not try this ROM on any other model or variant. Do not do this if you are totally unaware or this process or haven’t done this before. Try all this process at your own risk because we are not forcing you to do this.Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of damage or bricking of your device.
Necessary things before Proceeding
- First of all check the model number of your Galaxy S1, for the confirmation of model number just go to mobile Setting>> About Phone>>Model Number, it must b I9000.
- It is recommended that before the installing a custom ROM backup all the important data of your S1, because installing a custom ROM is a data loss process. So first save all the data like videos, pics, messages, contacts, apps and account password, then proceed.
- Charge your S1 I9100 fully to avoid the power issues during the process
- Your Galaxy S1 should have a custom recovery installed in order to flash a Custom ROM.
- Enable USB Debugging of your device, for this go to Setting>>Developer Option>>USB Debugging and tab to Unable it, If there is no developer option then Go to Setting>>About Phone and search Build Number, tap seven times on Build Number to activate the Developer option, now Enable it.
- Disable all the security apps temporarily for installing process, it might interfere the process
- Download Samsung USB Drivers on PC.
- Download OmniROAM Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Galaxy S1
- Download Gapps for Galaxy S1 I9000
- Download Samsung USB Drivers on PC
How to Update Galaxy S I9000 to Marshmallow: Steps
Step No 1
- At first Download OmniROM Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Galaxy S1 I9000 from the above link on your PC.
- Now Download Google Apps for S1 I9000 on your PC from the above link.
- Place these downloaded files on the desktop of your PC for further easy access.
Step No 2
- Connect your device to PC via USB data cable.
- Transfer both these downloaded files from the desktop to the mobile’s ”Root folder” of SD card.
- Now unplug your phone from PC.
Step No 3
Now it’s time to enters into recovery mode.
- Power off your mobile.
- Press and hold the Volume up+Power+Menu buttons at a time for few seconds, and release them when recovery mode appears.
Step No 4
- Go back to the main recovery menu
- Now perform ”wipe data factory reset”
- After that perform ”wipe cache partition”
- And in the last perform ”wipe Dalvik cache”
Step No 5
Now it’s time to flashing the ROM
- Go back to the main recovery menu, now select ”Install”
- Now navigate the root folder and select the Omni ROM firmware which you placed here in step No 2.
- Tap swipe to confirm the installation and wait till the installation completes
Step No 6
- Go back to the main recovery menu, again select ”Install”
- Now navigate the root folder and select the ”Google Apps” which you placed here in step No 2.
- Tap swipe to confirm the installation and wait till the installation completes.
Step No 7
Now go back to main recovery menu, select ”Reboot System now” it will take some time, so no need to worry. After restarting, you will b on Android M.
Congrats, u have done all the process successfully. Now your Galaxy S is on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you have any problem let us tell in comment menu. Thanx