Galaxy note 3 N9005 is a great Android device produced and developed by Samsung. It was unveiled on September 2013. Note 3 officially came with Android 4.3 Jelly Beam, after that it got two official updates, first 4.4.2 Kitkat and the last official update was 5.0 Lollipop. But this is the time of Marshmallow. Many of Note 3 users want to update their Note 3 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, but unfortunately, this device won’t get the latest Android OS officially. But here is a good news for the owners of Galaxy Note 3 N9005. Now the users of note 3 can easily update their Note 3 N9005 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Here we will show you how to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13. CM13 is an unofficial ROM based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The features of the ROM are great and bugs free. Before starting the process how to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13, let’s take a look on CyanogenMod 13 ROM.
CyanogenMod 13 ROM
CyanogenMod 13 is a custom ROM, based on Android M. This ROM is specially modified for Galaxy Note 3 N9005. You can now flash unofficial CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Galaxy Note 3 N9005. All you know that this ROM is a third party release, not an official firmware or official way of updating, but the best thing for this ROM is that this is completely bugs-free, stable and properly working ROM on Galaxy Note 3 N9005. The performance is improved. The overall interface is changed. The first build of this ROM was not very good having bugs, battery drainage problem and not stable but e-ankaraescort.com this upgrade version is very much improved and working well. This is very smooth, stable and fast. There are still some bugs but very less. It is still very good for working. So let’s start the process of update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13.
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
Read all the instructions below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding.
- First of all check the model number of your Galaxy Note 3, make sure it is N9005, then proceed. For model checking go to your mobile Setting>>About Phone>>Model Number. Confirm the model from here.
- Backup all the important data of your mobile like photos, videos, contacts, messages, apps and important account passwords because this is a data loss process.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 must b rooted and bootloader of your phone should b unlocked.
- Install any custom recovery like CWM on your note 3 N9005, because flashing a custom ROM requires a custom recovery.
- Install proper Samsung USB drivers on your PC or Laptop.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your Note 3. For this Go to mobile Setting>>Developer Option>>USB Debugging and Enable it. If developer option is not found then Go toSetting>>About Device, from there tap seven times on Build Number, it will shoedeveloper option. Now enable it.
- Charge your Note 3 fully to avoid the power issues of mobile during the process.
This process is only for advanced users, do not do this if you are completely unaware of flashing process, if some think went wrong during the process your mobile will seriously damage or unusual. Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of damage or bricking of your phone during or after the process. Do all this process at your own risk.
Steps to Update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Android 6.0 Marshmallow via Cyanogen Mod 13
Step No 1
- Download CM13 Custom ROM for Note3 N9005 on PC. Do not extract.
- Download Google Apps package on PC. Do not extract.
- Place these downloaded files on the desktop of your PC for easy access.
Step No 2
- Connect your Note 3 to Computer with the help of USB data cable.
- Move CM 13 ROM files and Google Apps zipped files from the desktop to the mobile’s ”Root”folder of the SD card.
- Unplug your phone from PC.
Step No 3
- Now power off your mobile to boot into recovery menu.
- Press and hold the Volume up+Power+Menu buttons for few seconds, release them when recovery mode appears.
Step No 4
- Now go back to the main Recovery menu and perform full data wipe.
- First perform ”wipe data factory reset”
- After that perform ”wipe cache partition”
- And in the last perform ”wipe Dalvik cache”
Step No 5
Now it’s time to flashing the ROM
- Go back to the main recovery menu, now select ”Install zip from SD card>>choose zip from SD card. Select the CyanogenMOd 13 ROM file.
- Tap swipe to confirm the installation and wait till the installation completes
Step No 6
- Go back to the main recovery menu, again select ”Install from SD card>>choose from SD card”
- Now navigate the root folder and select the ”Google Apps” which you placed here in step No 2.
- Tap swipe to confirm the installation and wait till the installation completes.
Step No 7
Now go back to main recovery menu, select ”Reboot System now” it will take 5 to 7 minutes, so no need to worry. After restarting, you will b on Android M.
That’s it. We have finished all process successfully. Now your Note 3 is on Android M. Enjoy the cream of this latest version of Android. If you have some problem, let us tell in comment menu. Thanks