LG G5 is the latest Smartphone which is released by LG Electronics. This is the slim metal design smartphone which is released this year. The phone has a full metal body with a modular design. It has good specs with many new killing features. The phone is released with Android 6.0 Marshmallow version. So, this is a good smartphone for use. The T-mobile version also going for making the device bootloader unlockable. Now we have a unlockable bootloader for T-mobile LG G5 to root T-mobile LG G5 H830.
An Xda Developer member tungkick has introduced a way to root T-Mobile LG G5 H830 by taking the advantage of the unlocked bootloader. So, if you want to Root you smartphone then there is a guide below to ”How to Root T-Mobile LG G5 H830 with easy method. Before rooting read the disclaimer and instructions carefully.
Do the process carefully. If something goes wrong then your device might be bricked andAndroidfunz will not be held responsible for any kind of loss. Rooting the phone will void your phone warranty.
- This method is only for T-Mobile LG G5 H830. Do not try this on any other model.
- Backup all the important data like Pics, Videos, Text, Contacts and apps because during the process your data might be loss.
- Fully charge your phone to avoid the power issue during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging mode from the settings of your phone. For this, go to Settings > Developer options and tap 7 times on build number. This will enable build number.
- Your PC should have LG USB Drivers installed.
- ADB and Fastboot drivers must installed on your PC.
How to Root T-Mobile LG G5 H830
- First, from the above link Download and install LGUP_Lab_Ver_1_11.msi file on your PC.
- Download and install LGH830_DLL.msi file from the above link on your PC.
Then Download the TOT file from the above link on your PC and extract it. After extracting you will get a .tot file and you may use any file unzipping tool.
- Now go to the Developer Option and enable the USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Now connect your phone to the PC with the help of USB Data Cable.
Open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot and type the command
adb reboot bootloader
Above command will reboot your device into fast boot mode. Once your device is booted into fast boot mode then type that command.
fastboot oem unlock
Then type the following command to reboot the device.
After that reboot your device into download mode. For this, Turn off your phone and press Volume up and Power button at the same time for some seconds. Release the button if your device is in download mode. Then connect your device to the PC.
Now open the LGUP file on your PC which you installed in step-1. Select the Upgrade and select the .tot file.
Now click on Start option to begin the process.
After completing the process boot your device into TWRP. for this Turn off your device. Then press and hold the Power + Volume Down button for some time. When the LG logo appears then release the Power button for only one second while continuing to hold Volume Down button. After the second again press the Power button until it boots into recovery mode.
In TWRP choose the Wipe Option and swipe to perform a Factory Reset. Then go back and select TWRP then advanced and then ADB sideload.
Now download the SuperSU and disable the DM verify zip files on your PC. In the minimal ADB and Fastboot window type the following command.
Press enter to drag below on drop the SuperSU zip file and wait for it to flash and then type that command
Now drag below and drop the disable DM-verify zip file in the command window and press enter.
Now Reboot you LG G5 and unplug your phone to the PC.
That’s it. Now your T-Mobile LG G5 is rooted successfully. You can use and enjoy the full root access over the phone. You can check root access by installing the root checker app on your phone. If you like our guide then comment us below and share it.