G3 is a well known Android device of LG Electronics. The first release of this smartphone was in South Korea on May 28, 2014. G3 is one of the LG devices which got the Latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. First LG G4 and after that LG G3 got Android M via OTA. Most of the LG G3 users keen to use Marshmallow update, they are waiting for this update since long. First, Marshmallow update for LG G3 was released in Poland and after that, it was released the other regions of the world one by one. After releasing Marshmallow update by LG, many of the LG G3 users got this update and started using the latest version of Android on their LG G3 D855. After spending some time on Marshmallow some users were satisfied with eskort beylikdüzü the performance of Android M and the others were not. This tutorial belongs to the persons who are not satisfied with the performance of Android Marshmallow and want to go back to the previous version of Android 5.0. In this post, I will show you How to Downgrade LG G3 D855 from Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
These Marshmallow updates are in very early stages. So most devices have some issues and bugs after going on Marshmallow. When we talk about LG devices, first LG G4 got the Marshmallow update. Many of the Android M users on LG G4 have many issues after going on Marshmallow like battery drainage, some apps are not working, new updates receiving very slowly or receiving incompletely and some other issues. Now LG G3 devices have same these issues. OS developers are trying to remove these bugs and issues but it will take some time.
Downgrade LG G3 D855 from Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Here is the guide how to Downgrade LG G3 D855 from Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Android 5.0 Lollipop. The process of downgrading LG G3 is not very difficult. You can do this easily. LGUP makes it very easily for the user, LGUP is a new tool which is specially developed by Android Marshmallow because the official flash tool of LG not sporting Marshmallow yet. So thanx to the developers of LGUP tool for providing an opportunity to go back to the previous OS version. We will flash the Lollipop KDZ file with the help of LGUP tool, that’s why LGUP is so important for downgrading LG G3 D855. Now move to the real topic, let’s start the downgrading process. First, read the disclaimer and instructions then perform all this according to the instructions.
Disclaimer and Necessary Instructions
- Note that this downgrading process is only for LG G3 model D815, do not try this on any other model of LG G3.
- This process is only for the persons who are familiar with this process, we are not forcing you to do this if something went wrong Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of damage to your smartphone.
- If your LG G3 is rooted, after downgrading your device will lose root access because you are going back to the official 5.0 OS.
- Back all the important data of your smartphones like pics, videos, apps, important passwords, messages and all the other data because if something went wrong you may lose your precious data.
- Charge your phone up to 60% to avoid the charging issues of the device.
- USB data cable should b working properly.
- Download USB drivers of LG on your PC
- Need a PC or Laptop for proceeding.
Steps to Downgrade LG G3 D855 from Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- First open Lollipop KDZ file for LG G3 D855 link on your PC.
- From there open United Kingdom/ folder.
- Now Download the file UK Europe General D855201.kdz, which is the 5th number.
(Or download the file according to your region)
- After downloading extract the file. If not extracting let it go.
- Now Download LGUP tool On your PC and extract it too. Many files will appear after downloading, so extract all them. After extracting you will see two files, first, install dll file and after that install LGUP file.
- After that launch the LGUP flash tool on your computer.
- Now connect your mobile to the PC via USB data cable, after connecting properly it will detect and will b shown on the LGUP screen in purple color.
- Now click on the Upgrade or Refurbish option, from there choose file path. Select theKDZ file which u have downloaded earlier in Step 1.
- Make sure BIN File is ticked (√ ).
(Process using Upgrade or Refurbish is same but Refurbish option is best because first it will erase all the data then at makes the safe download possible)
After setting all things rightly now simply click on the Start button to begin the flashing process. Now wait for few minutes until the installing process completes. After installing your LG, G3 D855 will automatically restart.
Congrats, you have successfully done all the process. Now your device is on Android 5.o Lollipop. Hope you find this easy and useful. Have any question or issue let us tell on comments menu. We will glad to guide you.
Common Problem (Hangs on LG Logo)
If your LG G4 hangs on LG logo after restarting then you will need to perform Hard Reset to your LG G4. It will erase all of your data but resolve your hang problem. You will see hard reset process on any internet guide, Thanks.