LG G4 is one of the luckiest devices which got an update of Android Marshmallow, after the Google Nexus Devices. But now we have a good news for Verizon LG G4 (VS986) users that the Marshmallow update has just been released for Verizon LG G4 VS986, this is an official update and after updating no bugs or issues found yet. So we can say this is a safe update for Verizon LG G4. In some regions, many of the Verizon LG G4 users already received Marshmallow update via OTA but who did not receive this update yet, they can manually update their device. Here is the way how to update Verizon LG G4 Model VS986 on Marshmallow through the manual process. This new Marshmallow update for Verizon LG G4 (VS 986) came with ton of new features, optimization, customization and tweaks
This new Marshmallow update for Verizon LG G4 (VS 986) came with a ton of new features, optimization, customization, and tweaks. The combination of all these things makes this Marshmallow update very special for the user and users experience.
Update Verizon LG G4 VS986 to Marshmallow
The process of update Verizon LG G4 VS986 is not very difficult. This is all possible with the help of LGUP tool which is a new tool and specially made for Marshmallow update or downgrade which you want. Official LG flash tool did not support the devices which are running on Android Marshmallow. So thanx to the developers of LGUP tool for providing such a great tool which is very easy yo perform. We will flash the Lollipop KDZ file with the help of LGUP tool.Disclaimer
- This downgrading process is only Verizon LG G4 model number VS986. Do not try this on any other phone or variant, if done, it will seriously harm your device.
- This process is only for those persons who are completely aware of this process, do all the process carefully and according to the instructions. If something went wrong Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
- This process is only for Verizon LG G4 VS986, confirm this before proceeding.
- Backup all the important data of your mobile like pics, videos, apps, messages and all the other data because if something went wrong you may lose your precious data.
- Charge your smartphone fully to avoid the power issues of mobile during the process.
- Install LG USB drivers on your PC
- Properly working USB data cable
- PC or Laptop
- Verizon LG G4 VS986
Official Update Verizon LG G4 VS986 To Marshmallow
1… First from HERE download Marshmallow KDZ file for Verizon LG G4 VS986 on your PC. After downloading extract the file. If not extracting let it go.
2…Download LGUP tool from HERE. After the downloading extract it. There are many files appears, so extract all them. After that launch the LGUP flash tool on your computer.
3…Now connect your Verizon G4 to the computer via USB data cable, after connecting it will detect and will b shown on the LGUP screen.
4…Now click on the Upgrade option, from there choose file path. Select the KDZ file which u have downloaded earlier in Step 1.
(You can also choose Refurbish option in place of Upgrade, but it will erase all of your mobile data)
5…After selecting the proper file now simply click on the Start button to begin the flashing process. Now wait for few minutes until the installing process completes. After installing your LG G4 will automatically restart.
Sometimes happens after restarting smartphone hangs on LG logo, in that situation you will need to perform a hard reset to your smartphone. This will resolve that issue.
How to perform hard reset
For this Turn Off your LG G4, Press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time for few seconds, and release only Power button when LG Logo appears only for a second. After one second again hold the power button. When it shows Factory Hard Reset then release all the buttons. It will take 5 to 8 minutes to performing Factory Hard Reset. After that, it will solve the problem of boot loop.