Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Sony Xperia M is now available. Sony Xperia M is a good Android Smartphone which is announced in 2013. 4.0 inches capacitive TFT touchscreen with 480 x 854 pixels. If you are using that phone then this is a good news for you that now you can update Sony Xperia M on 6.0 Marshmallow via CM13 Nightly ROM. CM ROMs are the best custom ROMs for all the Android devices and CM13 Nightly ROM is now available for Sony Xperia M. This CM13 Nightly ROM is based on 6.0 Marshmallow.
This Marshmallow update has a lot of new and improved features. After updating the performance will be better and you will feel completely new look on your device . So, if you want to update your Sony Xperia M on 6.0 Marshmallow then follow the guide below to do this process easily.
Keep in mind
This update is only for Sony Xperia M if you try this on any other model then your device might be bricked. This is unofficial to flashing Custom ROM and this will void your phone’s warranty. If something goes wrong then Androidfunz will not responsible for any kind of loss.
Before starting the process do these things.
- You must root your Xperia M before installing the Custom ROM and install CLockworkMod or TWRP Recovery.
- Backup all the important data from your phone like apps, contacts, pics, videos and other important data.
- Install Sony Xperia drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone. For this go to Setting > Developer Option > USB Debugging, and enable it.
- Charge your phone up to 60% to avoid the power issue during installation.
Steps to Update Sony Xperia M on 6.0 Marshmallow via CM13 Nightly ROM
- Download CM13 Nightly ROM for Xperia M and Google Apps files on your PC.
- Connect your device to the PC and move that cm13.zip and Gapps.zip files to your device. If moved then disconnect the data cable.
- Now put your phone in recovery mode, for this press and hold the Power + Volume Up and Home button at the same time. If the logo screen appears, this means that you are in recovery mode
- In the recovery mode create a Nandroid Backup in case of any mashup you are able to restore the backup. Tap on Advanced>Backup and Restore>backup to SD.
- Choose Wipe data/ Factory Reset to wipe all data on your phone and also Wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik Cache too in advance options.
- Now its a time to install those two files which you have downloaded first. Click on install zip > Choose zip from SD and find CM13.zip file and Install it.
- After completing the installation now install the second file. Choose Install zip and select the Gapps.zip file.
- If done then go back to recovery menu and reboot the device.
All done from you, it will take some time to restart properly. Now you can use and enjoy the new version of Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Sony Xperia M. If you like our guide then like and share our page and comment us below.