Finally good news for LG Optimus G owners, now they can update their smartphone to latest Android update. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update is now available for LG Optimus G E975, this update is based on PAC-ROM custom firmware which is new, pretty good and stable ROM with full of customization. I think PAC-ROM is the best choice to update LG Optimus G to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based PAC-ROM custom firmware is full of Marshmallow feelings and has great ROM features. Here is the picture of great customization of a great custom ROM gave below.
PAC-ROM features (Marshmallow 6.0.1 based)
- Have easy weather access
- Advanced and easy keyboard use options
- Have Appbar
- Improved battery life
- Battery information Bar with battery indicator
- Easy Volume Setup
- Theme Package
- Custom Tethering Network available
- Good Floating Window
- Warning System for different issues
- Having Lockscreen Notifications
- Customizable Navigation Bar
- Customizable Notification Drawer
- Omniswitch Option
- Provides better cut and copy paste option
- Have PAC Console for OTA updates and for Changelog
- Have privacy protector Guard
- RAM Bar to boost up your Android speed
- Also filled with Wakelock Blocker, Slim Resents, Slim Heads Up and much more features. So install this and enjoy truly customises feelings of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
As we talked that this is Android Marshmallow based PAC-ROM Custom firmware with full of customised features but it is also true that it is an early build for LG Optimus G so new build should always expect some minor bugs, issues or force close problems, but these problems seem in very fewer times. The overall performance of ROM firmware is very good and performance is great, must try and enjoy the grace of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your LG Optimus G E975.
This updating guide is applicable on LG Optimus G having model number E975, do not try this any other variant or device. This is only for Advanced users because it is a sensitive and risky process. Do all this at your own risk, Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of lose or damage your device.
Do before the process
- It is highly recommended that backup all the important data of your LG Optimus G like pics, movies, messages, contacts and other stuff because if some thin went wrong you may lose your precious data.
- Charge your LG Optimus G up to 70% for safe access, if your smartphone Turn Off during the process you may brick your device.
- Your LG Optimus G has latest CWM Custom Recovery installed
- Install LG Optimus USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. ( From Home Screen click on Apps, tap on Settings, from the SYSTEM section, tap op developer option, tap Ok to enable USB Debugging.
- You must have properly working USB data cable.
If you have done all these things then you are ready for the main process of how to update LG Optimus G to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
File Links required for flashing
Steps to update LG Optimus G to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Download PAC-ROM file and Google Apps from the above link, do not extract the files
- Connect your phone to PC via USB data cable, Copy both these downloaded files (PAC-ROM file and Gapps) one by one from PC to SD card of your LG Optimus G. Do not extract files yet.
- Disconnect your phone from PC and turn off your device.
- It’s time to boot your device into recovery mode. For this press and hold your Volume Up and power buttons at the same time for few seconds until fast boot screen appears, now press Volume down button twice then press the Power button to boot into recovery mode. (In recovery mode use volume up and down buttons for navigation and Power button to select the task)
- Before doing anything first, perform a backup of your previous ROM because if new ROM does not work properly you always have a chance to go back to previous ROM. For Nandroid backup select Backup and Restore option, the next screen select Backupagain, after creating the ROM backup go back to the main recovery menu
- Perform data wiping task. For this select wipe date/factory reset and perform, go back to main recovery, select wipe cache partition and perform, and in the last select Wipe Dalvik Cache and perform this.
- In this step select install zip from sd card, now choose zip from sd card (or select sd card1 for external storage). Select the PAC-ROM firmware file that you have copied in step 2, press power button to select and confirm again to begin the flashing process. Wait until the installation completes.
- After this process again select install zip from sd card, now choose zip from sd card (or select sd card1 for external storage), now select the Gapps which you have copied in step 2, select it using Power button and confirm the task for Gapps installation.
- After the Gapps installation go back to main recovery menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your device. A final reboot will take some time, after successful reboot your device will appear with latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM.
That’s it, friends. You have successfully transferred to the latest Android Marshmallow ROM. Enjoy the best features of Marshmallow based ROM.
Go back to the previous ROM
If you are not satisfied with this ROM or have some issues then you always have a chance to go back to your previous ROM. Here is the procedure is given below.
- Turn off your LG Optimus G, boot your device into recovery mode, from there select and perform backup and restore, and restore your previous ROM by selecting this nandroid ROM from the list.