Update LG G5 to Android Nougat
LG G5 has received the latest OS Android 7.0 Nougat via OTA by the manufacturer. Most of the devices have done this and successfully using and enjoying the cream of Android Nougat. No doubt LG G5 is one of the devices which got early official Nougat update, which is looking stable. Many LG G5 users still haven,t received this Android 7.0 Nougat update, if you are one of them then good news for you. Now you can easily update LG G5 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
The LG G5 Varients which can b updated on Android 7.0 Nougat
The KDZ Nougat firmware for LG G5 is now made for some variants of LG G5, these variants are H850, H860 and LS 992, we will use LGUP tool for flashing KDZ. LGUP tool is specially made for flashing these type of files and works batter then LG flash tool. Using LGUP you can easily install Android Nougat on LG G5.
Some new and improved features of Android 7.0 Nougat
First Google Nexus and Pixel Smartphones received the Android Nougat OS and after that LG G5, Moto Z-Droid and HTC 10 are the devices that received stable Android Nougat update. According to the LG G5 Android Nougat users, the new update is pretty satisfied and has many new and improved features, like
- Multiwindow Option
- Improved Doze App for power saving
- Improved Notification System
- Built in new Messaging Apps
- Multi-language support
- New setting menu
- Quick multi-tasking
- Use two apps at same time
- View two Chrome tabs
- New installer animation
- New Emojis introduced
- Cancel downloads directly from the download notification
- Easier setting app navigation and much much more.
Before the starting of manually update LG G5 Nougat you must sure that your device haven’t received an OTA update, for this go to your LG G5 Setting>>About Device>>and check for update, if there is still no update available then you can now update your LG G5 (H850, H860, and LS992) manually. Before starting the process read the instructions carefully and choose the KDZ file carefully according to the variant of your LG G5 so that you can successfully update your LG G5 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Let us Begin the Updating Process
Disclaimer and necessary instructions
- This method is only for LG G5 variant (H850, H860, and LS992). Check the model before starting the process. Carefully select the DLL file according to your device variant.
- This process is for advanced users if you do not know the complete process then do not try this, any wrong action can brick your device.
- Charge your LG G5 fully to avoid the power issues of the device while updating.
- Install LG drivers on your PC for connecting your device with PC.
- Backup all the important data from your device because if something went wrong you may lose all of your data.
- Enable “USB Debugging” of your device, If u don’t know how to enable it, so don’t worry just follow. Go to Setting menu, tap “About Phone” option, scroll to find “Build Number” and tap it seven times until the message appears “You are now a developer”
- Updating a phone manually is always been a risky process, do all this at your own risk, Androidfunz.com will not be responsible for any kind of breakage or loss.
Here are some basic things which you required for updating your LG device.
- A PC or Laptop
- Wellworking LG USB data cable
- LG G5 Mobile
Download KDZ Firmware/ Dll File
From here you can download KDZ firmware and DLL, b sure that the file which you are downloading is properly matching with your LG G5. Select one of the packages and download.
Steps to Update LG G5 to Android Nougat
Here are the steps how to install Android Nougat on LG G5.
- First, download LGUP tool on your PC from HERE. After installation extract and install.
- Now on PC download the Android Nougat KDZ file from one of above link, b sure download the file according to your device model.
- Also, download DLL file.
- Now run LGUP software on your PC, copy the DLL file to C:ProgramFiles:LG Electronics:LG UPMode.
- Switch off your LG G5 and connect this to your PC via USB data cable.
- It’s time to boot your device into download mode. Hold “Volume UP” button of your G5 while plugging in the USB data cable.
- Launch the LGUP tool on your PC, In the “Upgrade” option select the KDZ which you have downloaded early.
- Simply click on “Start” option.
- That’s it, the flashing process will take some time, so no need to worry if it takes some time. After installation, your LG G5 will automatically Reboot.
Congrats friends, now you are on the latest Android OS 7.0 Nougat. Enjoy the cream of Android “N” on your LG G5. That’s the end of our today’s topic “How to install Android Nougat on LG G5”. Hope you like our tutorial. Please like and subscribe. If you have any issue let us comment, we will pleasure to guide you.