Now the Marshmallow Update for HTC Smartphones is available. Some users won’t receive the Official OTA Update. If you want to Update HTC One M9 on 6.0 Marshmallow Official then there is an easy way to update the phone. HTC releases this update in the form of a large RUU file and the size of this file 2GB.This new RUU file based on latest firmware versions. With the easy method, you can install the RUU file in HTC from other manufacturers. Follow this guide to update your HTC One M9.
This Marshmallow update has man new features and clear from bugs. HTC adds many new and amazing features on it. This new software has two sequences of updates the first will install the 2.11.617.180 version of the software and the second one will install the 3.35.617.12 version of software. The first update lacks Android OS upgrade and the second one includes an upgrade of Android OS.
Note: During the installation process your phone will reboot many times and during the process do not remove the charger or press the power button for a long time because this will might stop the process and your device might be bricked. Do this process carefully and Androidfunz will not responsible for any kind of loss. Keep in mind that this method is only for HTC One M9. Don’t try this on any other model.
- This method is only for HTC One M9
- USB Drivers for HTC must Installed in your PC.
- Set up ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile.Go to the Setting, Developer option and Enable USB Debugging.
Steps to Update HTC One M9 on 6.0 Marshmallow
- From the above link download RUU file from the above link. Without extracting it, move that file on the desktop of your PC from where you can easily get access.
- Now setup ADB and fastboot on your PC and plugging in the device accept always allow from this PC to enable USB Debugging.
- Now turn off your phone and unplug it from the PC. For entering into recovery mode press and hold Power and Volume Down button at the same time for some seconds. You will see the bootloader screen and now connect it from the PC.
- Now go to the RUU file and rename that file to htc-am9-ruu.img , now open it and hold the Shift Key on the keyboard and right Click on empty space and a pop-up will appear select open command window here and command window will open.
- Now Issue this command in command prompt to check the connectivity of your phone.
- Flash RUU file issue this command.
- Now the installation will begin and the firmware will install on your device.
All the process done by you. Leave a comment and your best suggestion for us.