Galaxy S2 I9100 is an old device of Samsung having an old android operating system, but here is a good news for the users of Galaxy S2. With the help of this tutorial, the users of S2 now can Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.
Galaxy S2 is a touchscreen, Android-based smartphone, produced and developed by Samsung Electronics. Samsung unveiled the S2 on Feb 2011. The Galaxy S2 was launched with Android 2.3 ”Gingerbread” and got the two official updates of 4.0.4 ”Icecream Sandwich” and 4.1.2 ”Jellybean” This was the final update for S2 and after that, there are very fewer chances to get any further updates. The users of S2 always have a chance to update their S2 to 5.1.1 Lollipop. This is possible with the help of custom ROM. With the help of Custom ROM a user can easily install the latest OS versions and can enjoy the real taste of improved features and creamy feelings of new updates of android operating systems.
5.1.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix Custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100.
Resurrection Remix Custom Rom is a stable ROM and runs perfectly on Galaxy S2. The performance is pretty good and UI is great. Resurrection Remix is a great custom ROM that comes with tons of amazing and new improved features which can’t find in a stock ROM. This ROM comes with all CM12 features. This is a third party release, for installing the ROM your device should have a custom recovery like CWM installed because without a custom recovery you can’t install any type of custom ROM.
The process to Update Galaxy S2 I900 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM is given below, read the instructions carefully and perform according to saying.
- This update is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 Model Number I9100. Do not try this on any other Model, if u will try this on any other model it can seriously harm your mobile.
- This process is for advanced users only, if you are unaware of updating method so you can screw up your phone.
- Do all this process at your own risk. Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of damage of your device. First check the model number of your phone by going toSettings>More>>About Phone. It must be GT-I9100.
Necessary Instructions Before Starting the Process
- Backup all the important data of device like contacts, pictures, videos, messages etc because you may lose them if your device goes unusually.
- Charge your phone to maximum to avoid power issues during the process.
- Your PC or Laptop should have Samsung USB drivers installed.
- The USB Data Cable of your device should be working properly.
- Enable USB Debugging mode, for this, go to setting>>Developer option>>USB debugging and tab to enable it. If you don’t find the developer option, then go to Setting>>About Phone>>and tap on Build Number seven times to activate the developer option, after that enable it.
- It would require latest custom recovery like CWM in order to flash the ROM zip file, so make sure that it is installed on your Galaxy S2 I9100.
- Your Galaxy S2 I9100 should b rooted.
- The bootloader of the device must b unlocked.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
- Proper working data cable
- PC or Computer
- Download Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM
- Download Google Apps
- Download Samsung USB drivers on PC
Steps to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM
Step No 1
- First Download Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM for Galaxy S2, do not extract it
- Download Google Apps on PC, after downloading do not extract it too.
Step No 2
Connect your PC to the S2 I9100 via USB data cable, move both the files to the phone’s storage (External or Internal). After that disconnect the device from PC.
Step No 3
Now turn off your device and enter into recovery mode, for this press and hold Home+Power+VolumeUP buttons at a time for few seconds, and release them when recovery menu appears.
Step No 4
(Helping Guide: In the recovery menu use volume up and down buttons for scroll up and down and can use power button for select)
- In the recovery menu scroll down with the help of volume down button, select wipe cache partition, and confirm the task.
- Now go to the ”advance” option of the recovery, there select Wipe Dalvik cache, and confirm it.
Step No 5
Again go to main recovery menu, scroll down and select install zip from sd card, now choose zip from sd card,
Step No 6
Now find the Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.zip file from where you saved it in Step no 2, after finding this is in a zip file, select it and confirm it to begin the installation. It will take some time.
Step No 7
After completing the installation again choose zip from sd card, now find the Google Apps.zip file, select, and confirm to install. The installation will take some time again.
Step No 8
If u have successfully installed both the files then go back to the main recovery menu, now select the reboot system now option and restart your device. This will take some time so no need to worry.
If stopped at Samsung Logo:
It is a common problem after finishing user may get stuck in boot loop animation(Samsung Logo)
here is an easy solution of this problem. For resolving this issue boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding home+power+volume up button. Now perform wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition and then reboot. This will resolve your issue.
Congrats you have successfully done all the process, your S2 is now on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Now go to the Mobile Setting>>About Phone and verify the Android version. Now you can enjoy the new improved features of 5.1.1 Lollipop.