Update Galaxy Note 2 N-7100 on 6.0.1 Marshmallow via Slim6 Custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is an old but a successful Android device of Samsung. Millions of peoples have this smartphone all over the world. This old smartphone of Samsung also runs an old Android OS. But now it is the time of Marshmallow which is the latest Android OS. Marshmallow provides hundreds of new and improved features and makes many of issues very easy for the user. That’s why most of the Galaxy Note 2 users want to enjoy the latest Android OS on their smartphone. Here is good news for Note 2 N-7100 users, the old Galaxy Note 2 users can now update their smartphone on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via Slim6 custom ROM because there is no chance that Note 2 will receive Marshmallow update officially, so we have always a chance to update any of device via custom ROM. Custom ROMs are the only way to update our any of device manually to any of Android OS.
We will update our Galaxy Note 2 via Slim 6 custom ROM, this is pretty good and stable ROM in working and have fewer issues after flashing. Before installing the ROM you need some requirements on your Galaxy Note 2 N-7100, your Note 2 must have a custom recovery installed and must b rooted too.
This updating guide is only applicable on Galaxy Note 2 N-7100, do not try this on any other Galaxy Note 2 model or variant. This is a sensitive process, do carefully at your own risk, if something went wrong during or after the process Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of loss to your device.
Basic requirements before proceeding
- Installing a custom ROM must need a rooted device, so first, root your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N-7100. (You can use this Guide for rooting Note 2)
- Now Install a custom Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2, (you can use this Guide)
- Backup all your precious device data before doing this process, if something wrong happens and you need to perform Hard Reset to your device then you will loose all of your device data.
- Enable USB Debugging of your Note 2, Go to mobile Setting, tap seven times on developer option, this will show USB Debugging, tap to enable it.
- Need a proper working USB data cable and PC.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Charge your phone fully to avoid any type of power issues during the process.
If you have done all this then your device is fully ready for flashing Marshmallow ROM. Just read the instructions how to update Galaxy Note 2 on Marshmallow and install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your device.
Needed files for Downloading
- Download Slim6 Marshmallow Custom ROM for Galaxy Note 2 n-7100 from HERE
- Download Marshmallow Gapps from HERE
Steps to Update Galaxy Note 2 on Marshmallow
- From above links download Marshmallow based Slim6 ROM file and Gapps (Google Apps) file.
- Connect your device to PC via USB data Cable and transfer both ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files from PC to device SD card Root folder. (Make sure you transferred these files only in root folder of Sd card, not any other folder)
- Unplug your device from PC, and turn it off.
- It’s time to boot your Note 2 in recovery mode, press and hold Power+Home+volume up buttons at the same time and release them when recovery menu appears.
- In recovery menu perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” (You can use volume buttons for up and down and Power button for select or perform)
- After this now perform “wipe cache partition” and after that perform “wipe delvik cache” (If you are using CWM recovery then go to “Advanced ” option and then select “wipe delvik cache”
- Now go back to main recovery page, select “install zip from Sd card” then select “choose zip from SD card” and select the “Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM .zip file, which you have downloaded in step 1, after selecting flash this file.
- Now again select “install zip from Sd card” then select “choose zip from SD card” and in this time select google apps.zip and install the file.
- After the successful installation +++Go Back+++ and reboot your Note 2 n-7100 by selecting “reboot system now” After flashing the files first reboot will take at least 5 minutes, so be patience.
Congrats! after the reboot your Galaxy Note 2 will appear with the latest Android 6.0.1 marshmallow OS. You can check this from your About Phone of your mobile Setting.
If you face any type of issue during the process let us tell in comments, we will pleasure to guide you.