After a long wait Samsung’s latest smartphone Galaxy Note 5 has finally received the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA update. This update is now available for international variant of Note 5 having build number N920CXXU2BPB6. This OTA update covers some regions and not for world wide, after some months it will b available most parts of the world. If you have’nt received an OTA update and you can’t wait more, you can manually update your Note 5. Here is complete guide how to officially update Galaxy Note 5 N920C to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
This latest and final version of Android OS came with tons of new and improved feature and creamy performance like the special Doze mode for battery saving, improved App Permissions, finger print support on Apps, different App drawer, mobile Payments platform, App Links and with USB Type-C support and much more. So let’s move to the real topic to update Note 5 to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Disclaimer and Necessary Instructions
- This firmware supports only Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920C, don’t try this on any other model or variant. Go to mobile Setting>>About Phone and confirm the model number first, it must b N920C. If some thing wrong happens Androidfunz.com will not b responsible for any kind of loss.
- If your Note 5 is rooted, after updating you will loose your root access.
- This is not data lose process but it is highly recommended that backup all the important data of your device because if some thing wrong happens you may loose your mobile data.
- Charge your Note 5 fully before proceeding to avoid power issues during process.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- You should have properly working Samsung USB Data cable.
- Unable USB debugging of your device, for this go to mobile Setting>>Developer option, go down and enable USB Debugging. If developer option not found there, go toSetting>>About Phone tap seven times on Build Number this will show Developer Option, now enable it.
- During the process if Odin stucks at any point then unplug the USB data cable, reconnect and repeat the process from beginning.
How to Officially Update Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920C to 6.0.1 Marshmallow (Steps)
- Download the official N920CXXU2BPB6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow from HERE
- After downloading extract the file to get the N920CXXU2BPB6 tar.md5 file.
- Download Odin v3.10.6 from HERE and extract it too.
Turn Off your Note 5 to boot into download mode. For this press and hold Home+Volumedown+Power button at the same time for few seconds and release the buttons when the warning screen appears. Press volume up button to confirm the task. Now your Note 5 is on recovery mode.
Now on your PC launch the Odin. Connect your Note 5 with PC via USB data cable. If properly connected the ID:Com box in Odin will turn blue, if not then install proper Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
In Odin Click on AP option. Select N920CXXU2BPB6 tar.md5 file, which we have downloaded early in Step 1.
Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Rest options are ticked (√) and others are not.
Now simply click on Start button. flashing process will start, it will take some time in installing. After the successful installation Odin will show a big Pass message. After that your note 5 will automatically restart. Final reboot will also take 5 to 10 minutes so no need to worry. Once reboot completed your device will b on the latest 6.0.1 OS.
If Stops on Boot Loop or Samsung Menu
If you get stuck in the boot loop (Samsung Logo) after the final restart, here is an easy solution for this, just boot into recovery mode pressing Home + Power + Volume Up button at the same time for few seconds and release when the recovery menu appears. In recovery menu perform Wipe Data Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition, after that reboot your device. It will resolve boot loop issue.