Install Official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for Galaxy Tab 4 (8.0 Wi-Fi T330)
Galaxy Tab 4 (8.0 Wi-Fi T330) have received an OTA update of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop just now. Many of Galaxy Tab 4 users have updated their device successfully on Android 5.1.1. But those who haven’t receive this update yet and want to update their tablet manually this guide belongs to those persons. In this tutorial, i’ll show you how to Install Official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for Galaxy Tab 4 (8.0 Wi-Fi T330).
Some new Features of Android 5.1.1
- This new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update came with a lot of bug fixes, tweaks, better performance, better battery timing and some new features.
- In this update, notifications can b dismissed to the status bar.
- Lock screen came with new change without swiping.
- It has new Quick Setting sub-menus and toggles, for easy access to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and others connections.
- In this update screen LED works in all sound modes which looks stylish.
- New sound widget icon gives easy access to sound and notifications.
- It came with new quick setting menu and clock animations.
Disclaimer and Necessary Instructions
- This process is only for Samsung galaxy Tab 4(8.0 Wi-Fi Model SM-T330), do not try this on any other variant or mobile. This is for advanced users, do all this process at your own risk. If something went wrong Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for damaging or bricking your device.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Disable Samsung KIES and antivirus apps on your PC before starting the process because, it may interrupt the process
- Unable USB debugging mode of your Tab 3. For this go to Setting>>Developer Option>>USB Debugging and enable it. If Developer option is not found then go to Setting>>About Device then tap seven times on build number, it will show developer option.
- If your Tab 4 is rooted it will finish the root access after updating.
- If your Tab 4 is running on a custom ROM then after updating you must need to perform an extra Factory Reset, this will ask you to boot into normal mode, in this way you may able to remove old custom ROM files.
- Charge your Tab fully to avoid the power issues of this, during or after the process.
- Backup all the important data of your device because if something went wrong you may lose your precious data of your Tab 4.
Steps to Install Official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for Galaxy Tab 4 (8.0 Wi-Fi T330).
- First, download Lollipop 5.1.1 firmware for Tab4 from HERE.
- After downloading extract this, you will get T330KXU1B0F8 tar.md5 file.
- Download Odin 3.10.6 from HERE.
- After downloading extract the Odin.
- Turn off your device.
- Boot your Tab 4 into Download mode, for this press and hold Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time for few seconds and release the buttons when a warning message appears, press Volume Up button to enter into download mode.
- Now launch Odin flash tool on your PC.
- Connect your Tab 4 to your PC via USB data cable, when Odin detect your device ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue. This means your Tab 4 properly connected with PC.
- In the main screen of Odin click on AP button, select the file which you have downloaded in Step 1
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F Reset time options are ticked (√) in Odin screen, and disable Re-Partition option.
- Now simply click on Start button to begin the flashing process. Wait until the installation completes.
- After the installation, a big Pass message will show. That’s mean you have successfully update your Tab 4 to 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- Now unplug your Tab 4 from PC and enjoy the new version of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with new and improve the performance of OS.
If you get Stuck in Boot loop:
Your may get stuck in boot loop animation after final reboot. For resolving this boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding home+power+volume up button. Now perform wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition, then reboot. This will resolve your issue.