The recent reports have shown that Sony would not be able to support the latest Android Nougat on Xperia Z2 devices. That means the users of Sony Xperia will not get any notification or updates. If you are the user of Sony Xperia, then do not worry because you will be able to install the latest OS because of XA developers. From here you will learn to install Android Nougat on Sony Xperia Z2.
What’s the Good News?
It is the good news for the Sony users that new custom ROM which is based on AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat is compatible with Sony Xperia Z2. You can flash it on your device to get the real taste of Android OS update.
If you install Android Nougat on the Android device, the phone will operate faster and smoother. The ROM is fully featured packed with Android Nougat features, applications, and capabilities. The OS will improve the look of Sony Xperia Z2
Guide for Installation
Follow the step by step guide to install Android Nougat on Sony Xperia Z2. It is best to check the requirements before performing the installation.
- The guide or OS is only compatible with Sony Xperia Z2 device. Do not attempt to use a custom ROM on any other devices.
- Sony Xperia Z2 needs to have unlocked the bootloader.
- If you do not have root access or recovery image pHiLz or TWRP, then you will not be able to install the Android 7.0 Nougat.
- When you start the flash process, your phone will need a hard reset and to clear the data cache. It is recommended to perform the backup so that you will not receive the important
- You must need to plug in the charger if the battery is low.
Steps to Install Android Nougat on Sony Xperia Z2
Download all the required files as mentioned in the guide. Save them in the internal storage
Do not extract then or unzip until unless required.
Now boot your Sony device and use it in recovery mode.
If you discover the main menu of TWRP recovery image then hard reset it.
From the TWRP menu tap on Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Select the Dalvik cache, cache options, and system data.
Now return to TWRP menu and install the options where you will find Nougat Gapps package and flash on your phone.
When both files are installed successfully, just go back to the TWRP main menu and restart your phone.
Now you have successfully installed the Android Nougat on Sony Xperia Z2 by using AOSP ORM.