- 4.1 Inches Super AMOLED TouchScreen
- 8 MP back and 2 MP front camera
- 1.3 GHz Quad Core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB internal storage with 32 GB micro SD supported.
Features of Android OS 5.1.1 Lollipop
Here is a complete and easy guide. How to update Galaxy J2 J200 G to Official 5.1.1 Lollipop. We will use Odin which is an official tool for flashing the firmware. The update is official and there is no data loss in this procedure. The update comes with Improved Stability, Security patches, better battery timing, better TouchWiz, fast and smooth performance, better features and lot of more. So, before starting the process How to update Galaxy J2 J200 G to Official 5.1.1 Lollipop read the instructions and disclaimer carefully then proceed.
Necessary Instructions before Proceeding
- The following process is only for Galaxy J2 Model SM-200G, do not try this on any other variant of Galaxy J2 or any other mobile.
- It is recommended that backup all the important data of your mobile like pics, movies, songs, contacts, messages and important account passwords for your safety because if something went wrong you might lose your precious mobile data.
- Charge your phone fully to avoid the power issues during the updating process.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers on your PC or Laptop.
- Disable Samsung Kies and Antivirus apps on your PC because it may interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your mobile, for this go to Setting >>Developer Option, from there enable USB Debugging, if not found developer option then go to Setting >> about device, from there tap 7 times on Build Number to Enable Developer option.
- If you have installed any custom recovery after updating it will replace with official stock recovery.
- If your mobile is rooted, it will finish root access after updating.
This process is for advanced users, if you are completely aware from this process, then do this. If something wrong happens during or after the process it will seriously damage your mobile. Do all this process at your own risk, Androidfunz.com will not be responsible for any kind of damage or bricking of your device.
- Samsung Galaxy J2 J200G
- PC or Laptop
- Properly working USB Data cable
Steps to update Galaxy J2 J200G to official 5.1.1 Lollipop
- First on PC download J2 J200G official 5.1.1 firmware and extract it to get the tar.md5 extension file
- Download Odin V3.10.7 and extract it too.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode of your mobile.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Home+Power+Volume Down
buttons at the same time to boot into download mode until the warning screen appears, now release all buttons.
- Press Volume Up button from warning screen to confirm the task.
- Launch Odin flash tool on your computer
- Connect your Galaxy J2 J200G to the PC via USB data cable. The ID COM box turns blue in Odin that mean your device is properly connected with PC.
- From there select the AP option and choose the tar.md5 file which we have downloaded in the 1st step.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F Rest Time options are checked.
- Now simply click the Start button to begin the flashing process of firmware.It will take some time
- After completing the installation, a big Pass message will show on the screen of Odin. Now Select Auto Reboot option to restart your device.
- It will take 5 to 8 minutes, so no need to worry.
- Disconnect your phone from PC.
That’s all from mine. You have successfully Update your J2 J200G on official 5.1.1 Lollipop. Now you can enjoy the newer OS version of Android on your J2. If has any issue during the process. Let me tell in the comment menu.
If Stop on Boot Loop or Samsung Menu during restarting
If you get stuck in the boot loop (Samsung Logo) after the final restart. So, no need to worry. Here is an easy solution for this, just boot into recovery mode pressing Home + Power + Volume Up button at the same time for few seconds and release when the recovery menu appears. In recovery menu perform Wipe Data Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition, after that reboot your device. It will resolve boot loop issue.