Here is a complete guide about how to download YouTube videos on an iPhone or iPad, and Android phone or tablet. Take a look!
How to download YouTube videos on iPhone or iPad
Downloading a YouTube video on an iPhone or iPad is quite simple. However, it takes a few more steps than downloading a YouTube video on desktop or laptop. To download any YouTube video on iPhone and iPad, follow the given steps.
- Go to App Store, look for the Documents 5 app then download and install it on your iPhone or iPad. Once the app is successfully installed, open it.
- Now click on the Safari Browser icon at the bottom right corner of the app window. (This icon looks like a compass.)
- Type en.savefrom.net in the address bar at the top of the window, and press the Go button on the bottom right of the onscreen keyboard.
- Now go back to the home page of your device pressing the Home button.
- Open the Safari browser and go to the YouTube website or YouTube app on your handset.
- Search for the video you want to download and play it. On the video page, you will find a share icon to share the video. (This icon looks like an arrow pointing towards the right.)
- After the window to share video opens, press and hold the YouTube video URL until a list of options appears. Select the Copy option to copy the URL of the video.
- Go back to the home screen again and open the Documents 5 app.
- Tap your finger in the text box asking for the URL. Once the on-screen keyboard appears, press and hold your finger in the Enter the URL textbook. You will see appearing an option to paste text, tap it and paste the YouTube video URL. This action will display the YouTube video you want to download.
- You will find a Green Download Button below the video. Tap on the drop-down list next to it to select the MP4 video quality to download the video on your iPhone. Now tap the preferred video format in the list.
- A new window to save file will open; enter the name of the file and tap the Done button.
- The video will be downloaded to your device in the Documents 5 app. After the download is complete, tap on the video file name to open the Downloads screen.
- Press and hold the video file and drag it to the Drag here option at the top left corner of the screen. After the documents screen opens, continue to drag the file to the photos folder and then to the camera roll folder.
After following these steps, the YouTube Video will be downloaded and moved to the camera roll from where you can view the video file.
How to download YouTube videos on Android smartphone or tablet
Unfortunately, the Google Play Store does not offer any good solution to download YouTube videos. Therefore we recommend you to download TubeMate from a third party download site. Read on to know how to install TubeMate for Android phones.
- Go to your web browser and visit http://www.tubemate.net/ . Now choose a verified download site, for instance, Android Freeware.
- Click the Install App button.
- You will get a warning that .apk file can harm your phone, ignore the warning and click OK.
- Once the .apk file is downloaded, click Open.
- If you have never downloaded an app outside the Google Play Store, you will get an “Install blocked” notification. Go to your phone settings, check the box for Unknown sources and click OK.
- Now click the Install button again. Once the download is complete, open the app and if you are agree to the terms click Agree.
- The TubeMate is installed on your Android phone or tablet. Now go to the YouTube in the app and search for the video you want to download.
- Click the Green Down Arrow on the top bar of the app. Select the quality of the video and if you only want to download the audio, click one of the audio options.
- Now click the green download button. If you are prompted to install the MP3 video converter, tap OK to install the app and then repeat the above steps to download the video.
- Once the video is downloaded, it will appear in the Downloads. You can access the video by simply swiping your finger to the left.
Hope you would have found our article helpful. If you have any queries you can ask us or leave a comment.