It’s all about how to downgrade Verizon LG G4 VS986
Verizon LG G4 VS986 is newly introduced device by LG electronics. It was shipped with Android 5.1 Lollipop, that time5.1 Lollipop was latest OS by Google. On October 2015, LG announced that the LG G4 would b upgraded to latest OS Android Marshmallow. That was great news for LG users because after the Google Nexus devices LG G4 was first to receive the latest version of Android Marshmallow. After going on Marshmallow it was not very great experience for users because there are many bugs and bad issues found after using Marshmallow. So most of the users want to go back to the previous OS.
Verizon LG G4 VS986 also received the Marshmallow update. After releasing Marshmallow by LG, many of the Verizon LG G4 VS986 users got this update and started using the latest version of Android M on their devices. There is the same issue found that we saw in simple LG G4. After going on Latest Marshmallow OS there are many issues found that heart a user. It was all happens because this Marshmallow OS is an early stage and under development. So it is common to find some issues. After using Marshmallow some users who are not satisfied with the performance of Marshmallow and they want to go back to previous OS, here is good news for those ones. This tutorial belongs to the persons who want to go back from Marshmallow to 5.1.1 Lollipop. Here I will show you how to update your Verizon LG G4 VS985 from Marshmallow to previous 5.1.1 Lollipop. So just stay with us and downgrade your device.
Some issues found on Marshmallow
All we know these Marshmallow updates are in early stages so it is common to find some issues after updating on Marshmallow. Here some issues are given below.
- Battery drainage issue found on many of Verizon LG G4 devices.
- Some Apps are not properly working after going on Marshmallow.
- New updates receiving very late compared to the Lollipop devices.
- The major problem found that some users have reported that Marshmallow update fails to complete, which causes a bundle of problems.
- Countless reports found all over the world that there is a problem in sending an MMS (Picture Message), it either fails to send or don’t arrive correctly.
- After using Marshmallow there are a lot of reports about random reboots, smartphone turns off while using.
- WiFi and Bluetooth problems also found, both these options or one of them not work properly using Marshmallow.
Downgrade Verizon LG G4 VS986 (Marshmallow to 5.1.1 Lollipop)
We have much-discussed the reasons to downgrade Verizon G4, this marshmallow update is not much stable for such a great device until the new upgrade and bugs free update arrives. So if you want to go back to the previous Android OS version this guide is will help you a lot. I am sure this is the easiest guide to downgrade your Verizon LG G4 VS 986.
The downgrading process is very easy, it is all possible with the help of LGUP tool. LGUP is a new tool for flashing the KDZ file, it is specially designed for Marshmallow because the official LG tool didn’t work on Marshmallow, and LGUP works perfectly on Android M. So a great thanx to LGUP developers for providing such a great tool. The good thing is that using LGUP there is no need to enter into download mode, that’s why it considered much safe for all the Android geeks.
Disclaimer and Necessary instructions
- This downgrading process is only for Verizon LG G4 VS986. Do not try this on any other variant, it can cause seriously issue.
- This downgrade process is only for advanced users, do all the process carefully and according to the instructions. If something went wrong Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
- You are going back to an Official 5.1.1 Lollipop update, if your device is rooted then after this you will loose your root access.
- Back all of your device data like movies, pics, apps etc, although it is not a data loss process but if something went wrong you may lose your data.
- Install LG USB drivers on your PC before starting the process.
- Charge your device fully to avoid the charging issues of mobile.
Way to Downgrade Verizon LG G4 VS 986 (Marshmallow to Lollipop 5.1.1)
- 1…. First open KDZ 5.1.1 Lollipop for G4 VS986 from HERE. You will find two files, download any of them having model number Verizon VS 986. After that extract, the file, if not let it go.
- 2…Download LGUP tool On your PC from HERE and extract it too. There are many files appears, so extract all them.
- After that launch theLGUP flash tool on your computer.
- 3…Connect your Verizon G4 to PC with the help of USB data cable, if properly connected it will detect and will b shown on LGUP screen along with a model number of the device.
- 4… Now click on Upgrade option, choose file path, select KDZ file which we have downloaded in Step 1.
- After selecting the proper file just click on the Start button, it will begin installing process. Wait some time until the installation completes. After successful flashing, your Verizon LG G4 will reboot automatically. Once its restarts your device will b on 5.1.1 LolliPop.
Welcome back Guys, you are now on previous Stock LolliPop OS. If you have any problem during the process let us tell in comments. We will pleasure to guide you.
If your LG G4 hangs on LG logo after restarting then you will need to perform Factory Hard Reset to your G4. It will erase all of your data and you will get rid of this boot loop issue. Here is our complete and easy guide about hanging issue of LG G4.
How to Fix LG G4 Stuck on Boot screen or LG Logo: (Easy and complete guide)
Hope you like this tutorial, plz like and share. If you have any issue during the process let us tell in comments, we will pleasure to guide you. Thanks