LG G4 was in the line of luckiest devices which got the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. This device got Marshmallow update in the last week of October 2015. The users of this great smartphone were waiting for this Marshmallow update via OTA. This Android 6.0 Marshmallow update was available via OTA only for few days and after some day’s LG shut down this update for LG G4 devices. In this period, thousands of Marshmallow lovers got this update on their LG G4. After going on Android Marshmallow, all the users of LG G4 was not fully satisfied with the performance of the latest OS, they want to go back on previous 5.1.1 lollipop due to some bugs or issues. So here is the complete guide how to Downgrade LG G4 H815 to 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Why to Downgrade LG G4 H815 to 5.1.1 Lollipop
The reason for shutting down this update was that after using this update, there are so many issues and bugs found in this marshmallow update. There was essential to remove the bugs and all the issues of this Marshmallow update, that’s why the developers of Android M shutting down this OTA update and now they are working on it to remove all the issues of this update. They want to eskort taksim come back with this update with zero errors so that the users of LG G4 can enjoy the full creamy performance of the latest version of Android M. But it is not confirmed when LG G4 again will receive the new zero errors OTA update. So all the affected users who are willing to downgrade their LG G4 to previous 5.1.1 Lollipop just follow the following guide and easily go back to the previous OS version.
The process of downgrading LG G4 is not very difficult. This is all possible with the help of LGUP which is a new tool and specially made for Marshmallow because official LG flash tool did not support the devices which are running on Android Marshmallow. So thanx to the developers of LGUP tool for providing an importunity to go back to the previous OS version. We will flash the Lollipop KDZ file with the help of LGUP tool.
Some Problems and Bugs of Android 6.0 Marshmallow on LG G4 H815
LG G4 Android 6.0 Marshmallow has arrived with tons of new features and improved performance but the update is also causing some problems and issues. Here are some issues mention below.
- Some users reported that the update fails to complete, which is a big problem that in the middle of an update its stops so from there what can do a user.
- It seems on Marshmallow that there is a problem with sending MMS (Picture Message). The problem is that the MMS either fail to send or don’t arrive correctly on the device.
- Battery life is a big issue of this update. The most users of Marshmallow are not satisfied with the battery performance of mew update. They say having DOZE app which is specially made for better battery performance, the battery timing is less than one day.
- The users are reporting about random reboots. After going on Marshmallow, few Google Play apps will automatically need to b updated, which are not properly updating and causes the LG G4 to reboot during updating.
- There is also a problem with WiFi and Bluetooth, after going on Marshmallow sometimes WiFi and Bluetooth not working properly and create problems. But this problem can b solved for restarting the home’s WiFi router.
So now move’s in the process of Downgrading LG G4 H815. Before starting the process read the disclaimer and necessary instructions and then proceed.
- This downgrading process is only for LG G4 model number H815. Do not try this on any other phone or variant, if done it will seriously harm your device.
- This process is only for those persons who are completely aware of this process, do all the process carefully and according to the instructions. If something went wrong Androidfunz.com will not b held responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
- You are going back to an Official 5.1.1 Lollipop update, so if u have rooted your G4 then after this you will loose your root access.
Necessary Instructions before starting the process
- This process is only for LG G4 H815, confirm this before proceeding.
- Back all the important data of your LG G4 like pics, videos, apps, important passwords, messages and all the other data because if something went wrong you may lose your precious data.
- Charge your smartphone fully to avoid the power issues of mobile during the process.
- USB data cable should b working properly.
- Need a PC or Laptop for proceeding.
- 1: Download ⇐ KDZ 5.1.1 Lollipop file for LG G4 H815
- 2: Download ⇐ LGUP Tool
- 3: Download ⇐ LG USB Drivers
Steps to Downgrade LG G4 from Android Marshmallow to 5.1.1 Lollipop
Here are easy steps to Downgrade LG G4 H815 to 5.1.1 Lollipop.
First Download KDZ 5.1.1 Lollipop file for LG G4 H815 on your PC. Carefully download the file having model number H815. After downloading extract the file. If not extracting let it go.
Download LGUP tool On your PC and extract it too. There are many files appears, so extract all them. After that launch the LGUP flash tool on your computer.
Noe connect your G4 to the computer via USB data cable, after connecting it will detect and will b shown on the LGUP screen.
Now click on the Upgrade option, from there choose file path. Select the KDZ file which u have downloaded earlier in Step 1.
After selecting the proper file now simply click on the Start button to begin the flashing process. Now wait for few minutes until the installing process completes. After installing your LG G4 will automatically restart.
Welcome back, now you are on 5.1.1 Lollipop. You have successfully done this. If you have any issue let us tell in comments. Thanx, hope you like this.
Common Problem, Hangs on LG Logo
If your LG G4 hangs on LG logo after restarting then you will need to perform Hard Reset to your G4. It will erase all of your data.
For this Turn Off your LG G4, Press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons at a time for few seconds, and release only Power button when LG Logo appears only for a second after one second again hold the power button. When it shows Factory Hard Reset then release all the buttons. It will take 5 to 8 minutes to performing Factory Hard Reset. After that, it will solve the problem of boot loop.