Today I will give you the guide how to downgrade Galaxy Note 10.1 to ICS from 4.4.2 to 4.0.4. Note 10.1 receives the last update of Kitkat and after that, it will not receive any further OS update. Many of the users may not like KitKat update and don’t like his new features or having some problems and bugs. Those who did not like the KitKat version then they can downgrade their Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to ICS (Stock Icecream Sandwich). You can follow the guide below to downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Jellybean 4.0.4.
For downgrading the device we will use mobile Odin instead of PC Odin because PC Odin will not use to downgrade to 4.0.4 Jellybean. So, we will use mobile Odin to downgrade from Jellybean to ICS. You have to follow the instructions to complete the process easily.
Note: This method is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000. Don’t try this on any other model check the model before starting the process. Do the process carefully, if something goes wrong then your device might be bricked and Androidfunz will not be responsible for any kind of loss.
- Backup all the important data from your device like Pics, Videos contacts, and other important data.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by going to Setting >> Developer Option >> USB Debugging and Enable it. ( If there is no developer option then go to Setting >> About Phone and tap seven times on Build No to get developer option).
- Must charge your phone up to 60% to avoid the power issue.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
How to Downgrade Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 to ICS
- From the above link download ICS 4.0.4 OS on your PC and Extract it. After extracting the firmware you will get a tar.md5 file.
- Download Odin v3.09 from the above link and also Extract it too.
- Now Turn Off your device.
- For entering into Download Mode press and hold Volume Down + Power button at the same time for some seconds. When the warning screen appears, press Volume Up button to continue.
- Now connect your phone to the PC and Launch Odin on PC.
- In Odin ID: COM box will turn blue, this means that your phone is properly connected to the PC.
- Tap on Ap option and select the .tar.md5 file which you extracted in the 1st step.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked in Odin.
- Click on Start option to begin the process and wait for some time to complete.
- Odin will give you the Pass message after completing the process.
You have done all the process. Now your device will restart automatically.
All done from your side. Now your phone is running on 4.0.4 Jellybean version. If you like our guide then like and comment us below.